10 February 2010

AND THREE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS IN MY FIRST JURIED SHOW!



Three of my photographs were also chosen by Ken Baker, art critic for the San Francisco Chronicle, for inclusion in Gallery Route One's 2010 Annual Juried Show. The show is up through this Sunday, February 14th.


I had a great conversation with Ken Baker at the show's opening reception on January 17th: I had submitted four pieces and he said that as he kept going through the submissions it had been impossible to eliminate any of the three photographs of mine that he had chosen in the first round, so he decided that all three had to be in the show. And that he really loved my work and my eye: my choice of subjects, my composition, and the vibrancy of the color and light. I also got kudos from other photographers and artists. Take a look at my art website to see the pieces in this show and other new work.


G.R.O is a great gallery in Point Reyes Station that does great artist-in-schools programs in West Marin, as well as great thematic group shows. They have a great annual "Wild Book Show" of environmentally-themed, handmade books that is a fundraiser for their school programs; I've participated in the past and I'm planning on creating a book again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin